Saturday, June 21, 2008

Coffee Song

Partly in reference to a previous post; partly for E-kvetcher, as the beginnings of an explanation re an argument we had a little while ago; and partly bc I have a really hard time seeing the defects in this one, and I could use a little criticism.

Coffee Song
with decreased faith comes increased interest
it's an inversely proportional relationship
you see
he who thinks he has all the answers
no longer has the need to seek
but the one who understands he knows nothing
knows nothing but curiosity
and frustration. lots of that
and also, lots of caffeine
but nothing becomes youth less than apathy
although it has come to my attention
that such things are not a matter of free will
as much as destiny
and I know, I know, I don't believe
but contradictions are the essence of struggle, and growth, and love
and better still, of irony

2 Comments:

Blogger e-kvetcher said...

remind me again what we were arguing about?

7:09 AM  
Blogger Miri said...

irony. no we weren't... we were arguing about contradictory truths. It was...the Ramchal vs. the Rambam? I think... but when I hear "contradictory truths" I think irony. Anyway.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home