Wednesday, April 18, 2007

This Is A Metaphor G-ddammit!!

so find me already.
I mean, I'm sitting here
and I'm trying to tell you, "I'm lost,"
and you hear "sidetracked," or
"misdirected," or
"slightly confused"
and I'm trying to tell you
"I'm lost!"
I don't know why you can't hear me
maybe it's cuz my voice is fading as I
recede into the sunset
so it's inaudibility makes it indecipherable.
but you keep telling me I'll get there
and when I try to say "I don't want to go,"
you tell me to check street signs
and make a left at the light.
well I'm seeing barns and cornfields now
and I may never find you
because how can you give me accurate directions
when you don't know where I am?

4 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

that's exactly right. why do people try to guess at hidden meanings, when the simplest solution is to deal with what is.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well put!! been there....

p.s. get a GPS.... ;-)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Miri said...

NAC-
I would, but it's far too expensive...;)

4:47 PM  
Blogger Elli said...

:-) nice!

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home