Friday, January 28, 2011

Conversation Between Two Tripping Kids

Girl: (offers boy a cup of ice.) Here, take some.
Boy (looks confusedly at the cup of ice, and then back at the girl.) What is it?
G: It's ice.
B: (continues to look confused)What?
G: Ice.
B: Are you sure?
G: Yes. Here. (puts some ice in his hand. Boy looks at it flabbergasted.)
B: But what is it?
G: It's still ice.
B: Really?
G: Uh-huh. I swear.
B: What do I do with it?
G: Put it in your mouth.
B: Why?
G: It'll feel good there. Really it will. Trust me, I would not lead you to falsehood. (maniacal giggle.)
B: But it's ... cold, and wet ...
G: Yes dear. it's ice.
B:It's a solid but also a liquid! It's amazing!
G: Yes, ice does that.
B: What did you say this was again?
G: Ice. It just keeps on being ice. Well eventually it will be water and then vapor, but for now its still ice. Barely.
B: I just... I just don't know.
G: I do. It's ice. Put it in your mouth. It's good for you.
B: Are you sure?
G: Very sure. Remember I would not lead you to falsehood! Not intentionally, anyway.
B: (takes deep breath) Ok, here I go. (puts ice in mouth, face lights up with joy) Oh wow, you were right! This is so awesome!! What is this again?
G: It's ice.
B: It's amazing!
G: Good. Here have some more.
B: (hesitates) ... are you sure?

3 Comments:

Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Kids today, God bless them...

7:34 AM  
Blogger Miri said...

today, yesterday, '68 ... whatever.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Miri, I don't know how to contact you other than here. I love your writing (I gave you a shout-out on my blog a a few weeks ago). Are you still interested in writing frum related material? If yes, would you like to guest post on my site? Oh, and I'm gonna need to borrow some money, but we'll talk about that later.
Itchemeyer

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home